Pi's Home Page
Welcome to my new website! I have not yet finished moving the content from my old website, Pi Rules.com, over to this site. I am planning on keeping my old website running for a while since many of its hits are from bookmarks. Some links will probably be broken, but I'll hopefully get the main pages done soon.
Unlike my old website, I built this one from scratch so I could learn more about designing websites. As a result, I am very interested in knowing what you think about it. If you have any comments, please go to this page to contact me.
This section contains some common errors and how to fix them including:
- STOP Errors (blue screens of death)
- hal.dll missing or corrupt
- Random restarts, shutdowns, and freezing
- NTLDR, ntoskrnl missing or corrupt
- gContactSync - Synchronizes your Google Contacts with Address Books in Mozilla Thunderbird 2 and 3.
- File Type Selector - Allows one to change the default file type for saved e-mail messages.
I enjoy programming in my spare time, so I will post my programs as I write and update them. My programs so far include:
- Password Generator - Creates a secure password for websites
- Password Bin - Beta - Generates secure, random passwords and safely stores your login information in an encrypted file.
- Base Converter - Beta - Converts numbers from one base (radix) to another up to base 36.
- English-ASCII Converter - Beta - Converts an English string to ASCII or to any other numerical base up to base 36 so you can talk to your friends in binary.
This section contains tutorials on Windows XP, Vista, Internet Explorer 7, Hardware, and more. The most popular tutorials include:
This section has some tweaks that I found useful in the past. Some tweaks include adding a Tools tab to msconfig, "installing" the Recovery Console, and creating a custom title for Internet Explorer.
The Vista section has information on Microsoft's newest Operating System, Vista. It has a table showing the differences between the commercially available editions, comparisons between OEM, upgrade, and retail versions, installation options, and more.